Volunteer with Down by the Bay 5k and Tot Trot
Do you enjoy the feeling of contributing to something meaningful and knowing that your effort will help out hundreds of children and families?
Down by the Bay 5k and Tot Trot was initially formed in 2014 as a fundraiser to move the Mountain View Parent Nursery School to a new location. As prices and populations in the Bay Area boom, many small non-profit organizations are finding themselves displaced and disadvantaged. Thanks to our supportive community, and the inaugural Down by the Bay 5k and Tot Trot, our preschool has weathered that trial and is moving to a new home this year.
However, the process of moving a school is complex, with unforeseen challenges and cost estimates that tend to increase. That is why we need your help.
Please consider being a volunteer. Your generosity will help us continue to provide excellent early childhood education and keep tuition affordable for families from all economic backgrounds.
As thanks to our volunteers, your name will be listed on our 2017 Volunteers Wall.
If you are not able to volunteer on race day, you can still help us by spreading the word pre-race (see form below) or with a donation.
- Setup/Take-down: Come help setup the course and the event area. Help with tear down and clean-up to return the park close to its original state.
- Check-in/Registration: Check-in 5k runners, hand out their 5k packets, take last minute registrations and other related tasks. Booth and area clean-up.
- Merchandise Sales: Help MVPNS staff complete sales of 5k t-shirts and other merchandise. Booth and area clean-up.
- Refreshment Distributors: Prepare water and hand out to runners on the 5k. Prepare post-race snacks for runners to eat at the end of the 5k. Booth and area clean-up.
- Guides: Guide the runners on their path, cheer for them as they pass by and cheer/encourage them as they cross the finish line. Looking for enthusiastic volunteers that like to give these runners a boost on their run. Area clean-up afterwards.
- Family Fun - Help man the Family Fun Activities Area & clean-up afterwards.
- Pre-Race Promotion - You can help us by spreading the word in addition to or in lieu of volunteering on race day (e.g. you plan to participate in the 5k instead). Other ways to help include: printing flyers and posting them when you shop or grab coffee/tea, spreading the word in your networks, dropping off a Sponsorship Letter to businesses you frequent to see if they could sponsor us. You can help out even if you are not free to volunteer on Race Day.
Date and Time:
We are currently no longer taking volunteers. We love your enthusiasm and will let you know if any positions open up.